Monday, February 9, 2015

Constellations

We have just begun a unit about Outer Space!  Our first order of business was learning about stars and constellations.  We have learned many exciting facts about stars.  Did you know that most stars live for billions of years?  Stars may also be yellow, orange, white, red or blue.  As stars get older they get bigger. They are huge fireballs of gases in outer space.  Ancient astronomers studied the night sky and many of the constellations we see in the sky today were named by them.






2 comments:

CarlaC said...

I love your use of oreo cookies to make the phases of the moon. As a retired 2nd grade teacher, I'm sure the kids loved all those activities. I'm wondering if you'll be doing your dinosaur unit soon, as you have done in the past?

CarlaC said...

I love your use of oreo cookies to make the phases of the moon. As a retired 2nd grade teacher, I'm sure the kids loved all those activities. I'm wondering if you'll be doing your dinosaur unit soon, as you have done in the past?